Winter weather is no friend to our skin. The cold air, and wind can leave your skin irritated, dry, dull, and flaky.
When your skin looks hydrated, and smooth, people tend to notice and they won't seem to notice a blemish or a wrinkle on your face. No one has perfect skin. What makes a person's skin seem so perfect is when it has a dewy, healthy glow.
Here are some tips to getting your skin hydrated and glowing!
1. Get into a morning and evening routine.
Start your morning off upside down! Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to our skin. Doing what you can to get that blood rushing to your head will instantly revive and rejuvenate your skin and bring some color and life back to your skin.If your not a Yoga guru, try leaning over the edge of your bed for a few minutes.
2. If your a morning person, a little morning exercise to get you sweating, also another good way to get your blood flowing and to detoxify. Try some Yoga stretches or some cardio warm up (indoors only, as outdoor exposes you to pollution, sun, wind and cold. Don't reck havoc on your skin, this is about morning skin rejuvenation.) Don't over do it. Keep your morning routine simple. Over exercising and over sweating can dehydrate you and just wear you out. Remember we just want to get some blood flowing to the face, do some detoxifying in the process, in helping to stimulate circulation and blood flow to the face.
4. If your not into exercising, no worries! Theres nothing better at getting your skin plumped and glowing like hot Hungarian paprika! Masking with Eminence's Lime Stimulating Mask, Hungarian Mud Mask, or Almond Mineral Mask will give you instantly tone and glowing skin just like if you exercised.
5. Exfoliation is key to keeping skin smooth, even toned, refining pores, and reducing lines. Skin should instantly feel and look smoother. Your serums and moisturizers will work better as they will be able to penetrate the skin easier. Eminence's Stone Crop Fizzoliant, Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, and Monoi Exfoliating Cleanser are great exfoliation choices.
6. Drink plenty of water. Some water hydrates better than others. Waters that have a lot of minerals, can make one feel full. Try drinking distilled water with electrolytes such as your Smart Water. Icelandic waters can be more expensive but they tend to be lighter, with naturally,slightly higher Ph. You will notice how quickly you feel your thirst is quenched. - (A note on high Ph; Unless your doctor told you you have a very acidic body, theres no need for super high alkaline waters. Water is neutral at 7, which is its natural composition. Drinking water at a slightly higher ph is fine. Keep in mind that our bodies are unhealthy if they are too acidic or too alkaline.)
7. In winter everyone needs a good hydrating mask to use 2 to 3 times a week. This will instantly alleviate dry, irritated skin. Its especially good to use after you have exfoliated your skin. Eminence's Bamboo Mask, Red Currant Mask, and Firm Skin Acai mask are some of my Favorites.
8. In winter using a serum under your moisturizer can help add extra hydration to your skin that your moisturizer may not give enough of on its own. Serums also penetrate deeper into the skin so they can be more corrective, helping with multiple skin issues. Eminence's Bamboo Firming Fluid, Lavender Concentrate, and Red Currant Concentrate are great to apply over a serum and under your moisturizer to give extra hydration and anti-aging benefits!
9. Using a tone like Eminence's Stonecrop toner or Neroli mist can instantly refresh your skin and penetrate your serums/ moisturizers better into your skin.
10. Lastly, wash your face at night. This is also the best time to exfoliate and use a mask. Use a richer cream at night and wake up with a nice complexion that shouldn't feel or look dry. Eminence's Rosehip and Lemongrass Balm, is the best for really dry or irritated skin. It does instantly alleviate and heal the skin.