A facial is a deeper cleaning of your skin than what you will do at home, using professional products that are normally stronger and can achieve better, faster results. Facials can also require the use of special equipment that you would not have at home, and a magnifying mirror capable of seeing all your skins' flaws. A facial will help to correct any skin issues you may have and put you on the right path, caring for your skins' type, slowing down the aging process. When you get a facial your Esthetician will be able to get a better look at your skin and help guide you with what your skins' needs are, making suggestions as to what products you need to use at that time.
A basic Facial consists of the following:
- Cleansing the face to remove any dirt, makeup, and bacteria, preparing it for all other facial steps.
- An Exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and bring clarity to the skin; minimizing fine lines, and flakiness, making your skin smooth and clear.
- Steam treatment to detoxify, hydrate, and soften the skin, preparing it for extractions,
- Extractions to remove blackheads and white heads,
- A Mask to help aid in correcting skin issues and concerns, dramatically increasing the elasticity and health of your skin.
- A Face Massage to help stimulate blood flow, relax muscle tension, detoxify, tone, firm the skin, and help the penetration of oils and serums into the skin for enhanced results.
- Facial always ends with a Moisturizer for your skin type that will hydrate the upper layers of skins, and can help in correcting some skin conditions, and create a dewy, glowing complexion. .
* All basic facial steps are important and necessary to achieve maximum results for your skin, while incorporating other procedures, or techniques will further enhance results.
After a Facial your skin should feel smooth, and clean with a brightened complexion that glows. The skin should look firmer; pores and fine lines should look more refined. But after effects of a facial are only temporary as you do need to maintain your skin at home to keep those results. Facials will normally be needed 1x month. You will notice in a months time that your skin may start to look and feel a little dull, with build up of dead skin cells, and blackheads may re-appear. With home maintenance the skin should be much better, but Facials do more for your skin than what you can do at home.
Our skin is moody, and changes can occur based on what you have been eating and drinking such as too much alcohol, or caffeine, could dehydrate your skin, and make it look dull. The weather has a huge impact on our skin making it drier in winter and oilier in summer. Sometimes the change in weather or seasons can irritate your skin causing breakouts, redness or conditions like Eczema, or Dermatitis. By coming in each month for a facial you can keep up with changes in your skin and also help to control skin conditions you may have, keeping your skin healthy, and looking younger!